A trending question nowadays is whether it is possible to block ads on YouTube. So the answer is Yes, it is 100% possible. It is a must for YouTube to play ads to generate money. Today I will tell you how to block YouTube ads with free and premium methods.
How to block ads on Mobile
Blocking youtube ads is possible by using an ads blocker app.
- Free ads blockers application:
Ghostery is the best and most powerful ads blocker application. It works on both iPhones and Android. It is a free-of-cost application. Ghostery is active since 2013 and with 1 million installs.
uBlock Origin is a popular ads blocker application. It is only for Andriod not iPhones. It is launched on 22 December 2022. It is free of cost application. It is one of the best ad blocker apps.
Ad block is found in 2009. Its rating on Play Store is 4.1 stars. It has 10M downloads on the Play store. It is one of the best and most amazing Andriod ads blockers it is free of cost.
- Premium ad blockers for Andriod
It is one of the best ad blockers on the Play Store. It is also available in the free version but its premium version is best. Its premium version blocks ads. It has 10M+ downloads.
TrustGo Ad Detector Pro:
TrustGo Ad Detector is the best ad blocker. it is very easy to use. Its free version is available but it does not work properly. Its pro version is amazing it blocks all ads on any application.
How to block ads on pc
- Free extensions
Mike Adblock For Youtube:
It is one of the best free youtube ads blocker extensions. Its size is 75.32Kib. It blocks ads, banners, and popups. It is 100% free and always updated.
If you are looking for a free and best youtube ads blocker then Spark blocker is the best ads blocker. Its size is 221Kib. It is always available in the updated version.
- Premium Extensions
Total Adblock – Ad Blocker:
Total Adblock – Ad Blocker is the best extension. It is not available in the free version. It works properly. It blocks 100% of ads. Its features are Block ads, banners, and popups. It also blocks annoying notifications. Its size is 4.44MB.
Ad lock is one of the best premium extensions. Its size is 1.37Mb. Ad lock shows no mercy on ads. it blocks all types of ads.
There are several ways to block ads on YouTube:
- Use an ad-blocker: Install an ad-blocker extension on your web browser, such as uBlock Origin or AdBlock Plus, which will block most of the ads on YouTube.
- Use YouTube Premium: Subscribing to YouTube Premium will allow you to watch videos without ads.
- Opt out of interest-based ads: If you have a Google account, you can opt out of interest-based ads on YouTube, which will reduce the number of ads you see.
- Use YouTube TV: If you subscribe to YouTube TV, you can watch YouTube videos without ads.
- Use a standalone ad-blocker app: If you’re using the YouTube app on your mobile device, you can install a standalone ad-blocker app, such as AdGuard or AdBlock Mobile, to block ads.
- Modify your host’s file: You can also modify your device’s hosts file to block the domains that serve ads on YouTube. However, this method requires technical expertise and can be complicated for some users.
- Turn off annotations: Annotations are the clickable text boxes that appear on some YouTube videos. Turning off annotations can reduce the number of ads you see on YouTube. To turn off annotations, go to the “Settings” menu in the YouTube video player and select “Annotations.”
- Note: Blocking ads may not be allowed by YouTube’s terms of service, and it may also hurt content creators who rely on ad revenue to support their work.
These are some of the ways to block ads on YouTube. However, keep in mind that blocking ads may not be allowed by YouTube’s terms of service, and it may also hurt content creators who rely on ad revenue to support their work.