Matricom MX2 – Matricom G-Box Midnight MX2 Dual Core XBMC Android 4.2 Review
The Matricom MX2 is a powerful HD streaming device that allows you to stream content from the internet and also local media onto your TV. It is a nifty product that has gone through continual development and it has rightfully earned its place as one of the better Android TV Boxes due to its capabilities making full use of the implementation of an XBMC hardware decoder.
The Matricom midnight MX2 features an M6 dual core processor aligned with a Mali400 MP GPU which gives this device blazing performance for both XBMC and Android. The overall configuration and end user speed has to be seen to be believed and it is way ahead of its competitors.
The great thing about the GBOX Midnight MX2 is it always stays up to date, with the regular development by Marticom the unit gets updates from their live server and keeps you with a current firmware setup at all times. You can simply use your top Android applications and watch live streams on your television without the hassle and difficulties that other manufacturer’s boxes seem to present.
XBMC Midnight runs seamlessly with 1080p decoding from your local media and favourite XBMC streaming add-ons. If you are wanting a simple to use streaming box then the Matricom MX2 is the way to go and this thing does it all.
The Matricom midnight MX2 is a clever little device that is easy to use, runs straight out of the box, runs all your Android Apps and updates itself in real time, with 1080P capability.
We are impressed at the overall package in its design, ease of use, and specifications and would highly recommend this device to be a perfect addition to your home media setup.
Matricom MX2 GBOX Midnight XBMC Specifications:
|Processor:||Amlogic A9 Dual Core Neon HD CPU|
|Mali400 Dual Core High Performance 3D GPU|
|Memory:||1GB RAM (DDR3)|
|8GB Total Internal Storage|
|Advanced OTA Updating|
|Extension:||USB Storage Extendable (Flash Drives/HDD)|
|SD Storage Extendable (Up to 32GB!)|
|Wi-Fi Details:||802.11b/g/n internal Wifi|
|Output:||HDMI v1.4 video output|
|LAN Port:||10/100 Ethernet Port|
|Coaxial SPDIF Digital Audio Output (Surround Sound)|
|Composite Audio/Video Out|
|USE Ports:||4x USB 2.0 Ports|
|O/S:||Android 4.2.x Jelly Bean installed|
|Supports Wireless USB Keyboard/Mouse|
|Software:||Google Play Store installed|
|Downloads and Support:||http://matricom.net/software-and-roms/mx2-software/|
Product Images, Best Pricing and Further Information:
(Click Image Thumbnail/s Below Information for Image Zooms):
List Price (USA): $139.00
Availability: Usually ships in 3-4 business days
Showing Latest Price:
Product Description & Specifications
MatricomⓇ G-Box MX2 Dual Core XBMC Android 4.2 TV Box + Special Edition XBMC [NEWEST VERSION] Review
The G-Box Midnight MX2 by Matricom brings high performance HD streaming from the internet and local media to your TV. The powerful dual core MX processor with the Mali-400 3D graphics engine provides stellar performance for high definition video playback. XBMC runs smoothly with 1080p hardware decoding from local media and your favorite XBMC streaming add-ons.More Features than all the competitors Combined
Looking for more than just a simple streaming box? The MX2 does it all. Running the full Android 4.2.2 OS gives you the ability to run virtually any Android app on your TV. Streaming just happens to be only one of the many things that the MX2 is really great at.Automatic Online Updating:
Over-the-air updating ensures the latest software and brings the newest updates and bug fixes for Android and XBMC to your device with ease.G-Box Midnight MX2 Specifications:
* Amlogic A9 Dual Core Neon HD CPU
* Mali400 Dual Core High Performance 3D GPU
* 1GB RAM (DDR3)
* 8GB Total Internal Storage
* USB Storage Extendable (Flash Drives/HDD)
* SD Storage Extendable (Up to 32GB!)
* 802.11b/g/n internal Wifi
* HDMI v1.4 video output
* 10/100 Ethernet Port
* Coaxial SPDIF Digital Audio Output (Surround Sound)
* Composite Audio/Video Out
* 4x USB 2.0 Ports
* Android 4.2.x Jelly Bean installed
* Supports Wireless USB Keyboard/Mouse
* Google Play Store installed
This device is manufacturerd by Matricom and features a 1yr extensive device warranty. Support is available online by Matricom and through the G-Box community.
Here are just some of the product features...
- Over-The-Air updating delivers the latest updates directly to your box to reduce the hassle of updating yuor device. As new features and enhancements are developed they will become available so you can love your MX2 even more. Software updates will be sent to you automatically and you can install them at your convenience.
- So many options! Unlike other media streamers, the MX2 is free of any restrictions and never needs to be jail-broken. So go ahead, install your favorite apps and customize away! With the MX2 you're not limited so you can personalize the experience the way that you like. The 8GB internal storage gives you space and freedom to install apps without having to always worry about running out of space.
- True 1080p Dual Core XBMC HD Decoding*! High performance Dual Core A9 CPU paired with the powerful Mali400 Dual Core 3D GPU Graphics Processor = Insane Android Performance. The MX2 has twice as much power as the original Midnight which provides the best Android experience available from any other competing product. Watch your favorite movies and live streams with vivid and smooth playback. Hook up a USB mouse (not included) and play your favorite Android games on the big screen! Latest Revision with 1.1.6 or newer firmware & Webcam support.
- Includes the latest Special Edition XBMC designed by elite developers specializing in XBMC specifically for the Midnight MX2 provides the best experience with Android 4.2.x which is available on authentic G-Box products! Tons of free streaming add-ons available for XBMC so quit paying for cable.
- The best warranty in the WORLD. Your box is already covered no matter what happens to it. So go ahead and hack away and live worry-free because your device is covered unconditionally for 1yr from purchase direct from Matricom. The MX2 has been updated to Android 4.2.2 giving you the latest Android experience and will automatically update to later versions of Android and apps seamlessly from the internet! *1080p decoded videos are scaled to 720p in XBMC. A mouse and keyboard is required to use all feature of this device (Not included). G-Mouse III or Logitech K400 is recommended.